LAUGHING TWI GIRL

I'm So Random, I follow myself...

Friday, July 30, 2010

Kellan Lutz and the St. Bernard Project


When Kellan Lutz aka Emmett Cullen, first join Twitter, my twitter page blew up with my friends screaming at me... "He's in your back yard!!"

I was like WHO? and they were all like KELLAN LUTZ!!! I was like okay...

So I journeyed over to Twitter to stalk out Lutz and lo and behold, he did join Twitter!!!

But what impressed me the most was that his first tweet was about a service project he was working on, called the St. Bernard Project!!
He had been in town working on a movie and went and helped the St. Bernard Project build some homes in the still slowing rebuilding city of Chalmette, LA.

When Hurricane Katrnia hit in 2005, this community was shattered because of a water outlet called the Mississippi River Gulf Outlet, or MR GO. As Katrina's storm surge was approaching, the water came in through the MRGO and flooded the entire area. Much like New Orleans, these homes in the Chalmette area had water to their roof tops. And for me personally, I knew a few people who I worked with and were friends with, that lost EVERYTHING.

So, as this area slowly rebuilds, the St. Bernard Project, along with Habait for Humanity are rebuilding affordable homes for people to return to their roots and other family members that have return.

So yesterday, as I am researching for news, I spy this little post on TwilightersAnonymous.com about Lutz and the St. Bernard Project and then, while eating dinner out, there is a commerical on the TV about the St. Bernard Project!!! I'm telling ya it's fate that I can do this!!! LOL

So here is your chance to help out from the comforts of your own home and computer... Go and vote in the Pepsi Refresh Challenge today!!! Below is the details and how you can vote!!!


Our favorite charitable Cullen, Kellan Lutz, is asking for your help aiding the St. Bernard Project in winning $250,000 in the Pepsi Refresh Challenge! The St. Bernard Project has been working since 2006 to put families back in their homes after being displaced by Katrina, as well as provides vital mental health and wellness counseling for those affected by both Katrina and the devastating oil spill this is a cause near and dear to Kellan’s heart- his first ever Tweet was about SBP and first Twitpic was wearing a St. Bernard Project shirt. He just Tweeted today about SBP and all the good work we are doing with Pepsi Refresh! With your votes – and your support – we can make a real difference for the Greater New Orleans Area. Here’s how! Go to www.refresheverything.com/sbp and VOTE ONCE EVERY DAY BETWEEN AUGUST 2ND AND AUGUST 31ST! By taking just a few moments out of your day to vote, you can help New Orleans residents faster than you can say Renesmee.



And if this is still not enough for ya, call the St. Bernard Project and take a weekend to paint, hammer, clean or anything else you may love to do and work side by side with some amazing people who lived through Hurricane Katrina.


Souce: Via TwilightersAnonymous.com

No comments:

Post a Comment