LAUGHING TWI GIRL

I'm So Random, I follow myself...

Friday, January 7, 2011

Carter Burwell Returning to Twilight?

I find this odd and early at that too... 

But as I scope for news, I came across an article from The Playlist about the score for Breaking Dawn Parts 1 and 2. 

According to the article, Carter Burwell, who scored the first movie, Twilight, is returning to score both parts of Breaking Dawn. He has a relationship with Condon, the director, as he worked with him on Gods and Monsters.

Most directors will use composers that they feel comfortable with and have worked with before. So naturally, Condon will chose a composer that he is familiar with and can take the story and develop the music for it. 

I for one am not happy about this. I find this to be way to early talking about composers for the movies since it doesn't release until November of both 2011 and 2012. Also, I wasn't as impressed with the Twilight score as I was with New Moon or Eclipse, New Moon being my favorite of the three so far. 

So for now, I hope that this is just talk and that a better composer is chosen for the final two movies. 

Source The Playlist : http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/carter_burwell_returning_to_twilight_franchise_to_score_breaking_dawn/#

No comments:

Post a Comment