LAUGHING TWI GIRL

I'm So Random, I follow myself...

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Paste Magazine: The 50 Best Albums of the Decade

So I'm going through tweeter today and catch this awesome tweet from @PasteMagazine about the 50 Best Albums of the Decade (2000-2009) and I start looking. And what do I find??? 

In at #45 is Radiohead In Rainbows (2007). Other than me really, really liking this band, their song "15 Step" was the closing song for Twilight. 

In at #39 is Arcade Fire Neon Bible (2007). This band is a favorite of mine, so check them out!! 

In at #37 is Iron & Wine Our Endless Numbered Days (2004). Their song "Flightless Bird" was also featured in Twilight during the prom scene. 

In at #32 is The Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots (2002). This is another favorite of mine!! 

In at #31 is Death Cab for Cutie Transatlanticism (2003). Among one of my favorite all time bands, their song "Meet me on the Equinox" was the title track for New Moon. 

In at #29 is Bon Iver For Emma, Forever Ago (2008). They appear along with St. Vincent, and provided us the lead in with "Rosyln" during the New Moon 'Breakup scene'.

In at #21 is Vampire Weekend Vampire Weekend (2008). This is another favorite band of mine with "Giving up the Gun" and "Holiday". They were featured on the Eclipse soundtrack with "Jonathan Low." You know, the scene where Bella (would have never done that) jumps on the back of the motorcycle with Jacob?

In at #19 is Beck Sea Change (2002). Beck is an oldie for me, "Loser" is still one of my favorites along with, "The New Pollution" and "Gamma Ray". He collaborated with Bat for Lashes in "Let's Get Lost" from the Eclipse soundtrack. 


In at #14 The Strokes Is This It (2001). Another one of my favorite bands! 


In at #6  The White Stripes Elephant (2003). Favorite Band! 


In at #3 Arcade Fire Funeral (2004). Really getting into this one! Check them out! 


Those are just to name a few. Did your favorite band make the list? Check out Paste Magazine for complete list and let me know yours!


Source:
http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2009/11/the-best-albums-of-the-decade.html

No comments:

Post a Comment